Jump to content

DEA licensing in other states...

Recommended Posts

I reached out to SAMHSA regarding your question and here is their response:

The buprenorphine prescriptive authority can only be attached to one DEA number, but you can add multiple locations to your profile, additional DEA number is not required. To add another address: https://buprenorphine.samhsa.gov/forms/update-contact-info-login.php

Thanks much and hope this helps!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

DEA Registration is specific to one provider at specified locations and does not cross state lines. You’d have to apply and pay for each state through the DEA. You’d also have to meet the state’s medical board requirements such as controlled substance training, examination and fees.  If you relocate, you can transfer your DEA registration to another state. Best source for info is DEA’s website for practitioners: www.deadiversio.usdoj.gov to reach the DEA Diversion Control Division, 800-882-9539

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...