Hello all,

I am a PA-C that recently graduated and have been working around a year in Addiction Medicine. I currently work at 2 sites and both are NA/AI tribal facilities. One of the facilities, Didgwalic Wellness Center, is owned and funded by the Swinomish Tribe in LaConner WA. The Didgwlaic Wellness Center is open to both tribal members and the public in general. I work at providing MAT treatment as well as being a clinic that does Primary Care and Urgent Care for those enrolled in the program. We also provide Mental Health counseling that includes EMDR and Social Services assistance for those enrolled in the program. 

I have been in health care since 2005 as a Certified Medical Assistant. I then applied to the University of Washington School of Medicine for the PA program called MEDEX Northwest. I graduated 2016. It is a great but also challenging experience to work in Addiction Medicine. Its great to be a part of this community and I look forward to learning from all of you.

Humbly,

Edwin A Melendez II PA-C