Hello, I am an NP in Lubbock, Texas. My psychiatric traineeship is ending in December. I am looking at the possibility of returning to work in the clinic of my former boss, who is a buprenorphine provider and also runs our local methadone clinic. I have done the 24 hour training and my waiver is in-progress as of three weeks ago (early September 2018).  I spoke to him before I did the training and he was interested in my returning to his clinic but wanted me to find out, 1) how many patients could I as an NP cover and 2) what other limits would I have. I am a family NP with 12 years general experience. This doctor has 100 patients in his buprenorphine practice (his urgent care clinic).

I would appreciate anyone's feedback. Thanks!

Welcome to the PCSS Discussion Forums!  As the first year with your waiver, you can prescribe buprenorphine to up to 30 patients at any one time.  Beyond that, as every state has their own specific regulations I would contact the Texas State Department of Health as they will be able to provide you with specific details regarding prescribing buprenorphine in Texas.