I guess this is where I introduce myself.  I'm an ER doctor in Geneva, IL.  I recently passed the addiction boards (practice pathway) and became a certified PCSS waiver trainer.  I treat outpatients at a local SUD clinic.  I'm working on several initiatives locally.  1) increasing the number of waivered providers, especially ER docs 2) working with the county health dept to get an integrated "warm handoff" process throughout the county 3) starting treatment/MAT in the county jail next week 4) discussing starting an addiction consult service at my hospital.  

I appreciate having this resource for the many bumps that are sure to be in my path.  Thanks.  

Welcome!  You'll find this to be a great resource.  Be sure to go into each of the subforums (Buprenorphine, Office Practices, etc) and "follow" them in order to get emails when new topics are posted.  Each forum needs to be followed individually in order to get those emails.

Our Search bar in the upper right corner is also helpful.  When you click on it, you'll be able to indicate if you want to search by the content of all threads or just the topic title.  Searching by only the topic title is a great way to find info on previous threads!